1. Stock Exchange Listings
- Sotheby's is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol BID.
2. How can I obtain a copy of the most current annual report?
3. Where can I find your SEC filings?
- Sotheby’s SEC filings can be found at SEC Filings
4. When is your next earnings call and how can I listen?
- All information about upcoming earnings calls can be found here Events
5. How can I be added to your email distribution list?
- You can sign up at Email Alerts?
6. Does Sotheby's pay a dividend?
- Sotheby’s paid a quarterly $0.10 dividend from the third quarter of 2013 until the fourth quarter of 2015 – and in differing amounts for almost every other quarter since the third quarter of 2006. Currently, it has eliminated its quarterly dividend in favor of share repurchases.
7. How can I find out about my Sotheby's stock?
- If you are a registered shareholder, please contact our transfer agent, Computershare at (800) 303-3971 or www.computershare.com/investor. If you hold your shares in a brokerage account, you will need to contact your financial advisor for more information.
8. Who is Sotheby's transfer agent?
- Sotheby’s transfer agent is Computershare and can be reached at:
480 Washington Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ 07310
(800) 303-3971 or (201) 680-6578
9. Do you have a dividend reinvestment program?
- Unfortunately, Sotheby’s does not currently have a dividend reinvestment program in place.
10. When did Sotheby's go public?
- Sotheby’s went public on May 13, 1988 when 5,503,107 share of Class A stock were sold through stock exchanges in both the United States and the United Kingdom.
11. Who audits Sotheby's?
- Deloitte & Touche LLP is Sotheby’s current auditor and can be reached at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112.
12. What is a transfer agent?
- A professional agency employed by a corporation to handle the transfer of certificates, conversion of securities, mailings to stockholders, payments of dividends, stock subscriptions and maintaining the books of the corporation. Computershare is Sotheby's current transfer agent.
13. What does it mean to be a registered shareholder?
- You are a registered shareholder if your name appears on the certificate or in the registration of the security and in the corporation books.
14. What does it mean to be a beneficial shareholder?
- You are a beneficial shareholder if your shares are held through a brokerage account, as opposed to registered directly in your name. This is also referred to as holding shares in "street name".
15. What are book entry shares?
- Book entry form of registered ownership allows a person to own shares without having physical stock certificates in their possession. This is the current form of ownership Sotheby’s has for its registered holders.
16. What does "record date" mean?
- The date on which a shareholder must officially own shares in order to be entitled to a dividend. After the date of record the stock is said to be ex-dividend. Dividends are paid to shareholders of record as of a specified date.
17. If I have other questions, who can I contact?
Please direct any inquiries to Jennifer Park who can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (212) 894-1023.